Thursday, June 12, 2014

To My Father Whom I don't Remember



Yet another day comes -
When I am reminded of him;
Of the man who brought me to the world,
Of the man whose memories I can't recall.

I look at his photos...
A young man, with deep eyes smiles at me.
"Ah, he was handsome!" I sigh.
My mother smiles.
Her slow walk and her grey hairs strike me.
I try too hard to create an imaginary,
But a cool dude,
             who never crossed his thirties appears.
He would never age,
That's what I believed
And now I know it!

Life has been wonderful
                     without knowing him.
Perhaps...
Life would have been wonderful
                     being with him.

I don't remember my father;
But sometimes I miss him.
Whenever sadness confines me in its embrace,
A firefly visits.
I miss my father then,
                         Because I believe he never left me.

I miss him because I have never known him.
I miss him because...
Others have given memories of him
But I never had my own!
Sometimes I miss him
Because I want to see him grow old.
Sometimes I miss him
Because I want to know -
                         What it is to have a father,
As I've lived a life without having one!!

No comments: